Ally's Reviews > The Maze Runner

The Maze Runner by James Dashner

Jun 16, 12

Read from May 02 to June 16, 2012

4.5

This read was... a unique experience. I loved trying to visualize 'the Maze' and all that it entailed. I enjoyed the main protagonist greatly, which surprised me. I usually tend to focus on side characters who are infinitely more interesting. Not this time.

I don't usually go for mysteries... but I felt just as desperate for the truth with each turn of a page --- in the end, I feel like I just plowed through watching a season of LOST --- far too many questions than answers. Ah well --- that never stopped me from loving the TV show.

I think the setting, the POST-apocalyptic allusions, white coat experiments, and determined youth were my favorite elements. I really did have a lovely time visualizing the Maze, trying to puzzle out things before I was told the answers. The only one I caught the jump on was the meaning of WICKED.

I hope to get my hands on the sequels very soon. All in all, a quick, intense read. I recommend giving it a go.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Maze Runner.

06/13/2012 page 58
16.0% "<3"
06/13/2012 page 58
16.0% "<3"
06/13/2012 page 106
28.0% "i like it lots --- i like imaginin' the imagery most of all --- i love pausing just to close my eyes and drink in what I'm picturing in my head."
06/13/2012 page 106
06/13/2012 page 122
33.0% "F***************************************

>.<

this book is crazy intense! --- my heart started RUNNNING~~~

HA. Maze Runner.

HAAAAAAaaaaaaaa~~~~~~~"
06/14/2012 page 184
49.0% "I LOVE THIS BOOK SO FREAKING MUCH."
06/16/2012 page 232
62.0% "i cannot express how much i love this book."
show 4 hidden updates…