Jennifer's Reviews > Wish You Well

Wish You Well by David Baldacci

Sep 21, 08

Recommended to Jennifer by: Tricia
Read in July, 2007

I laughed and I cried (mostly cried)...I would not typically read this type of book, but this story of hope and triumph of the human spirit had me hooked to the very end. It was well written; the characters were deep and engaging and the setting well beautifully described.

This is the story of Louisa May (Lou) Cardinal; a precocious 12 year old from New York. Her father is a famous (albeit underpaid) writer and she has a caring mother and a younger brother named Oz. When the whole family is in a car accident that kills her father and leaves her mother unable to take care of her and her brother, they are sent away to live with the woman who raised their father; their great-grandmother.

Suddenly Lou finds herself coming of age in a landscape that could not be more foreign to her. On her great-grandmother's farm…on the land her father loved and wrote about, Lou finds her first true friend, learns lessons in loyalty, tragedy, and redemption; and experiences adventures tragic, comic, and audacious.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wish You Well.