Erica's Reviews > Awkward

Awkward by Marni Bates

Mar 29, 12

Read from March 28 to 29, 2012

You know those books that leave you with that goofy smile plastered on your face after you finish reading because you just loved the book so much? Awkward by Marni Bates was one of those books. The funny thing is is that Awkward is a book I think I may have passed over had it now been for the outstanding buzz from so many people who have opinions similar to my own.

The plot was so much fun. Everyone has felt awkward at some point in their life, and I know going through school I had more than my fair share of awkward moments it felt like. I was instantly drawn into the story by about page 2. This book was hilarious. I was awkwardly reading this one at work (haha, see what I did there?) and I could not stop laughing. I kept checking to make sure no one was around and trying to stifle my laughter, but it really wasn't working.

The characters of Awkward were such a fun mix. Mackenzie was that dorky character that everyone can relate to in some way, which is great. And Logan? He has made his way onto my Hot Guys of YA List. And I want to know where I can get a Logan of my own. Seriously, could he be any more perfect or adorable? I also just loved Corey. He was so funny and was an absolute doll.

Fans of Leila Sales will just love this one. I simply could not put this one down - I made the mistake of starting it while I was at work thinking I would just read a few pages in between doing other stuff. I was addicted by chapter 2 and didn't want to stop. Marni Bates is an author to watch out for in the world of YA.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awkward.

03/29/2012 page 206