Laura Beth's Reviews > Socialpunk

Socialpunk by Monica Leonelle

Mar 28, 2012

bookshelves: kindle, review-book, sci-fi, dystopia
Read from April 01 to 06, 2012

The 1st 10 chapters are good - just waiting on an email from the author to get the rest. (getting impatient!! )

4/6/12 - Initial reaction after finishing: WTH!?!? How in the world could you end a book like that? Storyline is great and totally unique (with the exception of 'Come with me if you want to live' - LOL!). Just cannot believe the book ended the way it did. No idea what I am going to rate it. Going to have to sit on it a bit.

4/10/12 - Updated Review
For me this is a perfect example of 'don't choose a book by its cover'. Had I seen this on a shelf somewhere I would never have picked it up.

Thankfully this was not the case - I read the prologue and was hooked! I absolutely love the concept of this book. I have not read any other books with this type of plot and I thoroughly enjoyed it. (A cross between Sci-Fi and Dystopian)

Socialpunk is well paced and has a lot of action, but the abrupt ending left me unsatisfied as I am not a fan of major cliff-hangers. I will definitely be reading SocialMob (the 2nd in the trilogy) when it comes out in July as I am anxious to find out what happens!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Socialpunk.

04/05/2012
27.0% "YAY! Finally got the rest of the book to read!!"

Danielle I agree on all counts. For me it felt sort of like The Matrix in book form. I loved the characters, but the "come with me if you want to live" lines I couldn't help but hear in my head in an Arnold Schwarzenegger voice. All in all a good read, but am really anxious to get to part two.