Mary's Reviews > Love Thy Neighbor

Apr 09, 12

bookshelves: thriller-horror-challenge, reviewed
Read from March 28 to 30, 2012

My Opinion:
I enjoyed the story a lot. I certainly felt that this could happen in my neighborhood, right under my nose and I would never know. Clark moves back home to live with his mother, who is going crazy if that is what you want to call it. We are told the background on his mom and basically she is old and just lost her husband and Clark feels it’s his duty to take care of her now. I agree. Then we get started on this tale of terrorism and government operations. There is a lot of POV switching back and forth between the characters and introduction of new characters thrown in at you. I felt a little lost at some points as the view would switch and then we would get a detailed description of the next persons view. Which is not a bad thing, it just kept throwing me for a loop. I like that the book had some comical moments in it. You even get in the minds of the terrorists and get their POV. This book had a ton of twists and turns in it. I especially loved Mr. Stanley. He was funny and he was suspicious all along. I enjoyed his and Clark’s banter. I enjoyed him in the story tremendously. All in all the book was good. I do think it’s a thrilling read. Lots of mystery and suspense all along in the story. It will keep you turning the pages to find out what happens. I know I sure did.
I give Love Thy Neighbor by Mark Gilleo 4 of 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Thy Neighbor.