Heather Book Savvy Babe's Reviews > Holiday Affair

Holiday Affair by Annie Seaton

Mar 28, 12

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, reading-romances-challenge-2012
Read in March, 2012

A Holiday Affair is a contemporary romance book that I appreciated and enjoyed reading. In this story, Lissy is on a holiday of sorts, traveling after laying her grandfather to rest, when she meets the good looking, but arrogant, Nick. From the start, there is chemistry between them, but their relationship starts off pretty rocky. However, they succumb to a liaison, neither expecting to see the other again. As it turns out, Nick is the new professor assigned to work in Lissy's department at the university, and they share the same cottage. Both want to deny their relationship, but the attraction proves too strong.

The main storyline of A Holiday Affair is the tumultuous relationship between Lissy and Nick. Both characters have issues and hang ups to overcome, and they drive each other (and the reader) a little crazy with their constant hot and cold. Nick is especially bad about his hesitation. On one hand, he is hot for Lissy and wants her, but on the other, he is adamant about not having a relationship. But, both Lissy and Nick manage to learn and grow through the book and I kept reading, and hoping that they would both get it together.

I really liked the Australian setting in A Holiday Affair, it's different and beautiful at the same time. The islands and beach settings provide a romantic backdrop for the romance, even if the lovers in the story don't always realize it.

The romance in this book was very believable. The hang ups that the characters felt were easy to identify with and understand, even if they were irritating at times. I was pleased with how the story wrapped up, but there were a few loose ends, namely, whatever happened with Lissy's mother. I would have liked a little bit more development there, but I am still happy and content with the story as a whole.

With A Holiday Affair, Annie Seaton has written a believable, enjoyable romance. A Holiday Affair is a book that I would qualify as a "beach read." Readers who enjoy stories that explore characters fears and hesitations in relationships will like this book. As an enjoyable read, I give A Holiday Affair 3 stars.

* I received this book for review*
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Holiday Affair.

message 1: by _yay_ (new)

_yay_ I read The Marriage Bargain - it's the same "HEA-series". Different authors, though.
Fab review!

Heather Book Savvy Babe _yay_ wrote: "I read The Marriage Bargain - it's the same "HEA-series". Different authors, though.
Fab review!"

Thanks! I saw the marriage bargain, almost read/reviewed that one too, but my TBR/for review pile is already out of control, LOL!

message 3: by _yay_ (new)

_yay_ Thanks! I saw the marriage bargain, almost read/reviewed that one too, but my TBR/..."
You should. It was awesome. Rated it 5 stars lol. But I hear ya. My pile is out of control, too. *sigh*