Sherilyn Lipke's Reviews > Elixir

Elixir by Hilary Duff

Mar 28, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, favorites, romance, science-fiction, ya-fiction
Read on March 28, 2012

Ok, so originally, I thought this book could get no better than 4 stars. I was wrong.
The beginning feels unrealistic. Clea's reactions are not normal. So she keeps seeing this guy in all of her pictures (this isn't a spoiler, says so on the back of the book) and she freaks out, but doesn't really continue freaking out. And let's just say, that at some point she takes a picture just to test it and he's in the bloody picture. Like in the room with her. Holy. Crap. Ok, I'm sorry, but her reaction to that is NOT A REAL ONE. If I took a picture and there was a man in the picture that wasn't really there, I'd be getting the hell out of dodge. She doesn't even leave her room!
But...once you get past all that, holy cow. This story is amazing. Way more complex and deep than I ever expected. It's paranormal, but not in the traditional way. Like there's no vampires or angels or faeries or anything. There are weird things, but not what you would normally expect. And I like that. I've already ordered the second book and I should be getting it by next week.
I highly suggest this read. Even though the beginning wasn't the strongest, I felt a pull to finish. Don't set this book down. Finish it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Elixir.