Vannessagrace Vannessagrace's Reviews > Silver Girl

Silver Girl by Elin Hilderbrand

Mar 28, 12

Read in March, 2012

Silver Girl is the typical romance novel where girl meets bad boy. Girl falls in love with bad boy. Girl is told that bad boy won’t change and will probably get worse. Girl doesn’t listen and marries bad boy. Bad boy commits a crime that can take down Girl and their children. Girl has problem severing ties with Bad Boy when he goes to prison.

Bad Boy Freddy Delinn pulls a ponze scheme on anyone and everyone, friends, family and strangers unbeknown to his wife. It takes good girl Meredith Martin Deinn to come in contact with an old love to force her to see the light.

The story line was good and so was the writing. What turned me off was how the writer painted women as having a Victorian mentality. I didn’t connect with any of the characters. I didn’t like any of the characters. I didn’t feel sorry for any of the characters.

A great book to read to learn how ponzi schemes work, read The Wizard of Lies: Bernie Madoff and the Death of Trust by Diana B. Henriques.

Janet Metzer and Marianne Fraulo did a good job as the voices of the characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silver Girl.