There were lots of things to like about this book. Here's my run-down:
1. It was clean. No swearing, no sex.
2. Shayla knows she is a half faerie even if she doesn't know exactly all that entails.
3. The invisible/unconscious kiss. (that is just fabulous and so funny)
4. The hunky popular crush is also a very nice guy.
5. Faerie powers are awesome. Especially when used to do good. Like free poor bugs.
6. The chess playing, shoe finding janitor
7. Green grapes
8. Friends and compromise
It was a bit slower paced than many other books in this genre. I felt like it was more about friends and relationships than any "good VS evil" stuff. There was some of that, of course, but I felt like it was more about Shayla figuring out for the first time how to be a faerie and how deal with others. I liked it. :)