Courtney's Reviews > Angel: The End

Angel by Peter David

Mar 28, 2012

bookshelves: demons, graphic-book, misc-supernatural, monsters, series, vampires, werewolves-shape-shifters
Read from March 28 to 30, 2012

Well, I've always been a fan of anything related to Joss Whedon, so it's really no surprise that I enjoyed this as well. Even if it's not actually written by him. In fact, it's written by a bunch of talented folks, including one of my faves, Bill Willingham. This collection includes the final 3 trade paperbacks of the Angel series, with bonus collected comics (the Angel Yearbook) and artwork. I have never read any of the Angel comics, so there were definitely a few things referenced that I had no familiarity with. Fortunately, the main characters haven't changed and I was delighted to follow their journeys past the end of the TV series. This is not a recap of stuff that happened on the series; this picks up awhile after the series (which means that if your favorite character got killed off in the TV series, don't be expecting them to make a reappearance in the comics). There are new characters and new prophecies. And new Armageddons! Whee! If you're a fan of the Whedon-verse, you'll enjoy this hefty volume.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel.