Jess's Reviews > Undone by Her Tender Touch

Undone by Her Tender Touch by Maya Banks

Mar 28, 12

bookshelves: 2012, net-galley, maya-banks
Read in March, 2012

I read this book not realizing that it was actually the fourth book in a series, oops. Once a few other characters were mentioned I began to get the feeling that maybe I missed something but it didn't affect my understanding of the story. It actually just made me want to go back and read the others in the series! So while it won't hurt you to read this book as a stand alone, it would probably be beneficial to start the series from the beginning.

Cam is adamant about not having any strings between himself and a woman. So for that reason, he keeps women out of his apartment and makes sure they understand that sex for him is only a one night stand. When he shows up at his best friend's housewarming party, he sees Pippa working her butt off to cater the event. He throws aside her annoyance and offers up his services for the night. And not just with helping to distribute food. They go back to his place and both understand it's going to be a one night stand only. Pippa is happy and luxuriating in her great sex from the previous night when she receives a phone call from Cam telling her that the condom broke. Uh oh. Now they both know they have to deal with eachother and while Pippa is okay with that, Cam has to fight back his demons to decide if he wants to wallow in his past or move on and have a great future.

I was back and forth with my feelings about both Cam and Pippa. While I liked them together at times I began to get a little annoyed with the pushing and pulling between them. It wasn't just Cam either. Even though Pippa repeatedly stated her feelings for Cam, she also remained undecided whether she wanted his help or didn't. I also wasn't a big fan of how she treated Cam regarding his past. Yes he was wallowing to a certain extent, and yes he was being kind of an idiot towards her but after hearing for the first time why he was so upset Pippa reacted in a mean way. She basically yelled at him and told him to man up. I wasn't so comfortable with that reaction. She then went on to explain to her friends that she understands why he's so upset but that it's hurting her feelings. Seriously?

I'm glad things ended the way they did, but for such a short book a lot of things happened to these characters! Banks sure knows how to torture them! I'm still deciding if I will go back and read the other books, I'm not sure if I want to get involved with the tug of war that will surely happen!

Thank you to the author, netgalley and Harlequin for the chance to read this book!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Undone by Her Tender Touch.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Mspink I haven't read this one yet but I did read the others. There definitely is the tug of war but the author usually does a good job of making their "epiphany" moments so worth it! Good review!!

willaful I think this was the weakest of the series. They are all gut-punchers, that's for sure!