Kristi's Reviews > Love is a Wounded Soldier

Love is a Wounded Soldier by Blaine Reimer

Apr 25, 12

bookshelves: family, friendship, free, heart-warming, war, historical-fiction, violent
Read from April 22 to 24, 2012

From the very first page of Love is a Wounded Soldier by Blaine Reimer you know this book is something special. It's a book that deserves a review full of all those lofty literary words that trained critics, professors, and true literary aficionados use. Unfortunately for this review, and you, I write my reviews for the everyday reader who just wants to know in everyday terms how the story was.

It was great. Reimer is a true story teller. He has the gift. From the first page you can tell this isn't just a book, Reimer is illustrating the story so that you can see it's progression in your mind like a reel of film. The personalities jump off the page and into your mind. The scenes come to life. You ache for Robert as a little boy, you cringe for the young couple separated by war, and you hold onto hope for the happy.

Love is a Wounded Soldier deserves such words as eloquent, prose, poignant, triumphant, heart warming, gut wrenching, recognition deserved, sweet, time stealing, illustrative, should be a national best seller!

*Disclosure: I received this book for free in exchange for a review*
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love is a Wounded Soldier.

message 1: by Judi/Judith (new)

Judi/Judith Riddle This sounds good but it seems it is only available on a kindle. Several months ago I ordered a kindle and I sent it back. It just didn't appeal to me. Maybe the book will gain enough popularity that it will be in print soon.

Kristi I hope so because it's a great story. I know it's a fairly new release, February I think, so maybe he's working on a print version. *Crossing fingers for ya*

Kristi I know it's a fairly new release (Feb) so maybe he'll work on getting a print version out. He's a Goodreads author, maybe drop a line of inquiry? If he knows people are interested in a print copy then maybe he'll work on getting it done.