Jory's Reviews > Workin' It!: RuPaul's Guide to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Style

Workin' It! by RuPaul

2032104
Apr 29, 12

Read from April 27 to 29, 2012

RuPaul is like the life coach that I've ever met. I've always loved her. She has always been so good on the life lessons to me. And she's not one of those bitchy drag queens either. She's kind and helpful, really. Sure, she can get bitchy but who can't? This book proves how much I love RuPaul.

Part self-help, part description of what it takes to actually be a drag queen, complete with full pages of how SHE becomes one, I was amazed at how light and fun this book was. It took me about a day and a half to read when I wasn't busy. I just sat down and read it because it was so quick. And actually full of good advice for women and men when it comes to things like confidence and attire. And lets be honest, we could all use a little advice in the confidence department. Everyone has something that they can't stand about themselves, and in this book Ru tells you to embrace it. Embrace the crazy. And I love that. She even wrote about the time she had her very first high colonic and I laughed so hard about it. She brings a lot of humor to this. Its not preachy, like other self-help books. Its kind of like if she were sitting right next to you at lunch and she was describing everything to you over it.

I just love everything in this book. If you love RuPaul or admire her for being so fabulous (as I do), I highly suggest you read this. You will not be disappointed. I know I wasn't.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Workin' It!.

04/29/2012 page 76
40.0% "I wish I was a fabulous as Ru."