~Geektastic~'s Reviews > The Best American Essays 2005

The Best American Essays 2005 by Susan Orlean

Jan 11, 2016

bookshelves: to-read, essay-collections, series, non-fiction, owned

Pre-reading notes

Found this for 50 cents at the used book store. Will it be any good? I have no idea, but 50 cents!! Even if there is only 1 good essay in here, it will be worth the money. And as I haven't brought myself to read anything by David Foster Wallace yet, maybe his contribution to this collection will give me an idea of whether I should try (or not).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Best American Essays 2005.

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah For fifty cents I don't think you'll go wrong. I've picked up Best American Travel Writing, Best American Sports Writing, Best American Science Writing (in addition to my usual favorites, Short Stories & Nonrequired Reading) and I can always find something interesting in the collection.

~Geektastic~ Sarah Pi wrote: "For fifty cents I don't think you'll go wrong. I've picked up Best American Travel Writing, Best American Sports Writing, Best American Science Writing (in addition to my usual favorites, Short Sto..."

They had probably 10 years worth of "Best American..." short stories, essays, etc. and they were all 50 cents or $1. I might be making a return trip very soon.