Jennifer Labelle's Reviews > The Book of Danny

The Book of Danny by Jean C. Joachim

May 04, 12

Read from March 28 to May 04, 2012

Captain Danny Maine leaves the Army and gets a job teaching English at Kensington State University. While there he connects with, Callie the one woman who understands the pain of Army life and the losses joined with it. Callie, who is like a sister to him, was once his deceased brother's fiance, and is one of the few people he has left to call family.
While striving to lead a normal life he meets love interest Eliza Baines and is instantly smitten. She's beautiful,intellegent, and there is wicked crazy chemistry between the two, but just as life begins to look up, past horrors and unwelcome visitors seek him out. While struggling to hold on to everything that's good, Danny is faced with tough choices, dark forces, and emotional turmoil. Will good intentions, new found family,and most importantly the love of a woman perfect for him be enough? Find out.

I read Now and Forever: A Love Story and I couldn't resist the temptation to read this one too. I absolutely love this series and The Book of Danny NAF 2 doesn't disappoint. It's well written and unique plot captured me right from the start, had me emotional during the middle, and ended with a surprising, yet pleasing twist at the end.
Well done, Ms. Joachim, I'm looking forward to the next installment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Danny.