Silvia (Darkest Sins)'s Reviews > The Last Girl

The Last Girl by Kitty Thomas

Apr 09, 12

Read on March 28, 2012

This review was originally posted on my blog, Darkest Sins.

I read this book in one sitting, I couldn't put it down, soooo unique! It's psychologically intense and disturbing until the very end, and trust me, the ending is something you really don't wanna miss!

I totally support the author's choice of writing this book in the present tense, it had a very good impact on me. Everything is from Juliette’s point of view and this helped me kinda live the story. I could feel her emotions, her hate/love inner fight with Christian and, considering the situation in which she was, I found her reactions really believable.

Christian... So-pure-evil... I'll be damn, but I love him! From the very beginning I was charmed by the way he talked to Juliette (ok I admit it, I even had laughing moments because of some dialogues between the two of them) and the way he showed his home to her. Then, when he started listing his rules I had chills everywhere, sometimes of terror, others of real pleasure... Speaking of pleasure, I know some erotic scenes should have bothered me, but thing is Master-Christian is too Mastery-Hot not to feel the power of it every time! We're suppose to hate someone like him, for what he is and even more for what he does, but let's face it girls, aren't beautiful and dangerous two of our favourite adjectives? I surely felt disturbed many times because of Christian's actions, I can still have nightmares with/about him, this evil sadist with a very cruel mastery attitude who scares me as hell, but still, he is tortured, alone and if you can see his pain and torment you will probably shed the same tears I shed in more than one occasion. And if you do, well, welcome to the Christian Addicted girls club.

This book is a beautiful piece of Dark Erotica literature and sure as hell it's incredibly disturbing, but Gosh if it's disturbingly WOW!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Girl.