Tara's Reviews > Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Mar 31, 12

bookshelves: classics, kindle, romance
Read from March 28 to 31, 2012

So, this is one of the first classics I‘ve read of my own choice – i.e. they’ve not been set as school reading or whatever. I actually never read this one in secondary school – I had Lord of the Flies instead.

Now I’ve read this, I’m actually glad for that, because I feel that overanalyzing this book in a way that you have to in English Lit classes would have ruined it for me. I truly enjoyed this book, and I don’t think you need to delve into ‘hidden meanings’ to have that.

I enjoyed the changing view and opinions throughout the book, and I honestly think I’d recommend this to anyone who wants to read a classic that’s not overly heavy going, and the language isn’t too hard. I admit, I used my Kindle’s built in dictionary a couple of times, but that’s because the version I read didn’t have footnotes, though I understand it may not be necessary for modernized/footnoted versions.

Basically, this was a good read, and it’s encouraged my curiosity about reading more classics!
1 like · likeflag