~J~ Riverina Romantics's Reviews > I Only Have Eyes for You

I Only Have Eyes for You by Bella Andre

Apr 04, 12

bookshelves: review-copy, contemporary, on-blog, on-amazon
Read from April 02 to 04, 2012

** Content warning - this review will contain an uncomfortable amount of gushing, fan girl squealing and the occasional swoon of excitement **

Loved it. Loved it, loved it, loved it, LOVED IT.

This is exactly the type of romance I crave. The entire story is based on the love between the two protagonists. Nobody is trying to save the world, there isn't a side story that distracts from the relationship and the additional minor characters only play a small role.

*insert schoolgirl squeal*

My heart is still pounding away, beating rapidly over how much I adored this book. And no, there wasn't anything overly hard hitting or exciting, it was pure and simplistic romance at its finest.

Sophie and Jake have been in love with each other since they were children, but Jake has always hidden his feelings because he knows he's not good enough for Sophie 'Nice' Sullivan. *sigh*

Although Jake wasn't made out to be a hardcore bad boy, he did have the endearing qualities of one. He was dominant, protective, wasn't afraid to yell to prove his point and was taunted by his insecurities. To sum it up - he was swoon worthy.

From start to finish I was enthralled, not only because of the story, but because of the ease I had in reading it. It was smooth, clear and precise. And the balance was perfection, 100% romance with tasteful yet damn erotic sex scenes that weren't overbearing or monotonous. I honestly can't fault it.

I also need to mention that the end of the story struck home with me - like a sledgehammer to the face. It isn't hard to anticipate the turn of events leading up to the happily ever after and having first hand experience in the same situation, I felt like I had a connection to this book. Unfortunately, I didn't get my happily ever after in that respect, but it made for a damn emotional ending for me.

However, by the final pages I was smiling, completely drowning in the lovey dovey happiness of it all. I am also entirely convinced Jake and Sophie's future will be as bright and shiny as the Australian sun.

Now all I need to do is lock away my credit cards and try and resist Amazon's 'Buy with 1 click' option, because I am going to need to spank the rest Bella Andre's books as soon as humanly possible.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Only Have Eyes for You.

04/02/2012
16.0% "Love it already"
04/03/2012
55.0% "*sigh* This book is awesome"
04/03/2012
83.0% "Oh Zach, why couldn't I have a big brother like you."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karla (new)

Karla Fantastic review Jodie. Now you have MY heart pounding!!

~J~ Riverina Romantics I really enjoyed it. I can't wait to go back and read all.the.others