Elena's Reviews > The Last Guardian

The Last Guardian by Eoin Colfer

Jul 17, 12

bookshelves: childrens, fantasy, ya-fiction, 2012
Read from July 16 to 17, 2012

Oh god. I feel so empty and raw after finishing this book. The Artemis books shaped my childhood, perhaps even more than the Harry Potter series. I have rarely connected with a character as thoroughly as I connected with Holly Short, and in those final heart-wrenching moments before the big plan I am happy to admit I was close to tears. Definitely would have been crying if I wasn't in the staff room at the time.

The story feels unfinished. Not in the writing itself (which is spectacular and exactly what I have come to expect from Eoin Colfer), but in that it left me wanting more. What is going to happen with this new world that has been created? How did everyone deal with the devastation? What will become of Artemis' younger brothers? I definitely would like a spinoff for those.

Eoin Colfer, we need more!! I know this is the very last one and everything but... we still need more! There are so many more stories that can be told. I am excited for all the post-finale fanfiction that is going to be written, and will have a search in a few months when the good stuff will come out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Guardian.