Tara's Reviews > Thyme of Death

Thyme of Death by Susan Wittig Albert

Apr 08, 12

bookshelves: cozy-mysteries, series
Read from March 27 to April 08, 2012

At first, I was not sure if I was going to like this one. I was not sure if the mystery of whether or not Jo killed herself or if she was murdered would hold my interest, but I was pleasantly surprised when the storyline developed and the plot thickened.
I enjoyed the relationship between the 3 characters... Meredith, China, and Ruby. I liked the way they supported each other, but they were believable. They did not always agree with what the others were doing and they did not blindly follow each other. They all seemed to have good heads on their shoulders.
I did have to remember when this book was written (1994)...Some of the ways the characters reacted to alternative lifestyles was a bit dated to me. (view spoiler)
Overall, I do have to say that I was disappointed in the ending. I felt there were a few unanswered questions, but I was not so drawn to the series that I wanted to read on to find out if those questions were answered. I may pick up the next book at another time because it is a nice fun read and I did find the characters charming.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thyme of Death.