Happy Lumasag's Reviews > Loving

Loving by Karen Kingsbury

U_50x66
Mar 27, 12

This is one whole Karen Kingsbury series I would seriously NOT RECOMMEND.

First of all, I think this series proved to be a weak spot of Karen in that she mixes up biography with fiction.

She allows too much liberty of her daughter's real life happenings to influence the story's direction when the story began years before her daughter met her current fiance!

It is sad that Kingsbury's maternal emotions over her own daughter's love life gets all worked up in a fictional story she had long established with her readers. Worse, it seems like she wrote this whole series for Kelsey and Kyle rather than for the readers she had gained through the previous series she wrote about Bailey and Cody --- which I find very unfair.

On the other hand, I am sure there are people out there who can relate with her so-called "twists and turns". Personally, it is simply an unprofessional work coming from a well-known New York Times bestselling author --- that's what makes it much more disappointing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Loving.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Erin I know what it is like to meet someone, grow a friendship, and think he's the man for you... and then have it change almost overnight. Certainly, the first love might not be lasting. But as someone with that experience, I can tell you it was NOT realistically written with Bailey. I was kind of rooting for Brandon for a while because I did see him make a change from partier to growing Christian, but once any further growth was tied to Bailey being in his life or not, I got sickened by it.