Kat's Reviews > How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food?

How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food? by Jane Yolen

Mar 27, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, picture-books
Read in March, 2012

Basic Plot: While we may assume dinosaurs are messy, picky, impolite eaters, in reality they are very polite and open to trying new things. Really.

This is a very quick rhymer to read. The art is really good, especially in the pictures where the dinos are misbehaving. The looks on the parents' faces are pretty well priceless. I also like how the names of the specific dino types are embedded within the pictures. It's subtle and works well for parents like me, who don't necessarily know all the names but want to seem smart or encourage our little paleontologists. This isn't really a book about dinosaurs, though, it's really about good table manners. The use of the dinos as a metaphor for the monsters that little kids can sometimes be works, though, with humorous effect. If it's successful in getting your little dino to try something new or sit still during dinner, I'd count it a success. I'm not holding my breath regarding my own little monstersaurus, though. ;)
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food?.