Tara's Reviews > The Dead Girls Detective Agency

The Dead Girls Detective Agency by Suzy Cox

Sep 30, 12

bookshelves: 2012debut, own
Read from September 28 to 29, 2012

Review originally posted on my blog http://hobbitsies.net/2012/09/the-dea...

The Dead Girls Detective Agency by Suzy Cox was an enjoyable read with plenty of humorous moments, although it had its fair share of depressing moments as well. Because, you know, there’s nothing really funny about being pushed in front of a subway train.

While The Dead Girls Detective Agency wasn’t brimming with depth, I really enjoyed reading it and I found myself sneaking pages in while at work. The concept of The Dead Girls Detective Agency is really interesting – I can’t imagine having to solve the mystery of my own murder.

I did like the characters. They were a tad stereotypical, but I thought they all worked with the story. Even though Charlotte was kind of self-absorbed and annoying, I feel like I would totally be annoying if I were dead and stuck watching everyone live their lives while I had to solve my own freaking murder. I would totally be annoying. Lots of whining would happen. So I understood Charlotte and her annoyingness at times actually served as a way for me to relate to her, in a way.

The other girls Charlotte was stuck with definitely felt a bit flat to me, but I didn’t really feel like it hindered the story. They all served a purpose, so even though they were all different teenage stereotypes, I wasn’t annoyed by any of the girls’ presences because it moved the story along.

Basically, if you’re look for a quick and enjoyable read with an interesting concept, I recommend giving The Dead Girls Detective Agency a shot. I really liked how Suzy Cox built up this whole new afterlife that I haven’t seen before and I will be reading more from her!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dead Girls Detective Agency.

09/29/2012 page 71