Lady Lioness's Reviews > The Fireman Who Loved Me

The Fireman Who Loved Me by Jennifer Bernard

May 14, 12

bookshelves: saw-in-rt-book-reviews-mag, genre-contemporary-romance, read-may-2012
Read on May 14, 2012, read count: 1

There were moments I really enjoyed and moments when I went 'bwah?' Some of the language was a little awkward. In addition, I had trouble buying certain events. In my experience, this is also a very idealized portrayal of firefighters. A quick perusal of Bernard's blog shows that she's doing more research into the world of firefighting and future books might reflect it more accurately. I can't speak for other parts of the country, but I can tell you that 9/11 is indeed still very present for the NYPD & FDNY. Anyways, I think I have access to book #2, Hot for Fireman (I hate that title), via Edelweiss, so I'm gonna read it, despite the 'meh' moments present in The Fireman Who Loved Me.

Side note: Authors, please resist the temptation to mess with book displays. I know you want your book front and center, but you're only making life harder for the merch-ers. If you want to improve your visibility, offer to sign the stock. People are more drawn to autographed copies so merch-ers will usually stick them some place where they can be seen. However, if the display is co-op'd, you're SOL.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fireman Who Loved Me.