Justine's Reviews > Raven Calls

Apr 07, 12

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, supernatural
Read in March, 2012

Netgalley Review:

I may have been at a little disadvantaged as I haven’t read the series from the beginning, however I still enjoyed the book. The 'Walker Paper' series follows Joanne Walker, a mechanic and ex-police officer (after being bitten by a werewolf), Irish Shaman, with gifts that she will only use to survive.

Raven Calls opens with Joanne having a 'need' to travel to Ireland; where she has to confront her past and face her future. However, she won’t be alone as her former police boss and on hold love interest Mike Morrison sends Joanne’s BFF and gruff cabbie Gary Muldoon to Dublin to try to keep her out of trouble. The two take-off on an amazing adventure fraught with mystery and danger around every corner.

I want to say more about Raven Calls, but I don’t want to spoil it for anyone. I loved this book and now I’m definitely going to go back and read through the whole series. How didn't I know about this series earlier?

There is a lot of mythology and background that makes the book somewhat confusing if you haven’t read any of the previous books. Although, in saying that, I found learning about the lore, legends and history were quite fun. Many parts of the book had me smirking and laughing! I love that in a book, it’s the easiest way to get me hooked on a series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Raven Calls.