JeanBookNerd's Reviews > The Taker

5519230
Sep 25, 13

bookshelves: reviews
Read in December, 2011 — I own a copy

The Taker is an addictive story that revolves around perpetual love and tragedy. Alma Katsu’s narration is totally hypnotizing that I found myself reading the pages and getting lost within the puzzling and horrifying events that envelop Lanny’s past.

Katsu brilliantly alternates the story between the past and present. She combines modern and historical fiction and puts a full twist on immortality. The origins of the characters are unique, fresh and completely captivating. Even with a cast of strange individuals, Katsu manages to keep the story flowing beautifully. It is truly unique and unlike anything I have ever read.

This dark fairy tale will fetch many emotions. I found myself completely invested in Lanny’s fascinating story and her mystical past. It was hard to put the book down because curiosity just would not let me. I extremely wanted to know how Luke would come into her life and what it would do for Lanny.

The book is stuffed with romance, action, and violence. Each line is written skillfully and carefully. The plot and characters are truly magnificent. Katsu’s debut novel is the start of her career and we have the pleasure of consuming all of her future works. I cannot wait for the next installment and it’s for certain that it will be more powerful, twisted, and dark.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Taker.