Karen & Gerard's Reviews > Home Front

Home Front by Kristin Hannah

Mar 29, 12

bookshelves: favorites, relationships
Read in March, 2012

Home Front by Kristin Hannah is an outstanding book! Jolene and Michael have two little girls. Their marriage is rocky at best, and then when things are at their worst, Jolene gets a call to be deployed and is off to join the war! Great writing to be sure. You will care deeply about Jolene and Michael and Betsy and Lulu. Will their marriage survive? Will Jolene be all right in the war? I really enjoyed this book a lot! Definitely a MUST READ!
(Gerard's review)

Home Front by Kristin Hannah is a fantastic book about an ordinary family affected by war when the wife and mother of two girls gets deployed to Iraq. This is a fascinating and emotional read that opened my eyes to the sacrifices soldiers and their families make to serve this country of ours. At the beginning of the book, I didn’t like Michael, the husband, at all but he changed when he realized his family was what mattered most and stepped up when his wife went off to war. Home Front gives insight into what war is really like and the struggles soldiers face in adjusting to civilian life when they come back.
(Karen's review)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Home Front.