forrest's Reviews > A Perfect Blood

A Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison

Mar 27, 2012

it was ok
Read from April 07 to 12, 2012

two stars is way generous! i will begin by asking if anyone can recommend a series in which the main character can actually kick butt, use magic, and take names? i am so disappointed with this book/series right now. Ive waited around for 10 books now for Rachel to develop into some powerful, butt-kicking, magic wielding, better not mess with me, demon-instead she whines about ivy and jenks moving on with their lives (so are the readers), is turned on by every man who crosses her path, and constantly makes rookie mistakes over and over again..how can we be 10 books into a series and still she acts like every run is her first run..ever? i even found myself counting the pages in the chapters to see if i wanted to even begin reading it-something i never do! ive read that this series is ending in two books and if rachel pulls her head out of her u-know-what and finally develops into the witch/demon kick ass hero we've been waiting on just as the series is ending im seriously gonna be pissed off..and also the words "sour", "sourly", and the phrase "bunny eared kiss kiss" are so overused in this book its annoying. i would watch a marathon of "keeping up with the kardashians" before reading this book again...thats kinda sad.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Perfect Blood.

Brian Jim Butcher's "Harry Dresden" series opens a can of whoop ass in every book. Sorry, not a female author or lead, but more butt kicking, and the characters seem more "real" with flawed personalities, motives, & quirks.

Teresa B. she is soo annoying me too! She stupid and whines way too much..try Jane yellowrock by faith hunter

forrest Teresa wrote: "she is soo annoying me too! She stupid and whines way too much..try Jane yellowrock by faith hunter"

thank you so much i definitely will!

Teresa B. forrest wrote: "Teresa wrote: "she is soo annoying me too! She stupid and whines way too much..try Jane yellowrock by faith hunter"

thank you so much i definitely will!"

I hope you like it..she is a kick ass for sure..I love her!!

also try .. kate Daniel series by ilona Andrews..