Slayermel's Reviews > From Dead to Worse

From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris

Feb 14, 10

bookshelves: own, 2010, 21st-century, american, faeries, fantasy, favorites, female-authors, fiction, mystery, paranormal, romance, series, vampires, werewolf, witches-wizards
Recommended for: anywone who enjoys paranormal mysteries or the True Blood TV series
Read from February 11 to 14, 2010, read count: 1

Sookie has arrived home safe from the Vampire summit thanks to borrowing Frannie’s car. However things in Louisiana are changing fast for both the Were and the Vampire Community. Hostile takeovers are being attempted and to top it all off Sookie has a lot of personal issues to deal with as well.

The one thing I will say for this novel is I thought there were a lot of subplots which for me took away a little from some of the more important story lines, like the Vampire take over.

I really enjoyed learning about Sookie’s Great Grandfather and I think this will be an interesting relationship as it develops over time. I love the way Claudine and Claude fit into this story arch so well.

I love that Eric has regained some of his memories about the time he spent with Sookie at her house, and how the blood boned seems to be affecting both of them. I can’t wait to watch this develop more over the next book. Eric seems to genuinely care about Sookie which is nice to see.

Crystal and Jason are expecting and are having some marital troubles. Geez did not see that one coming. I was pretty ticked off with the stunt Jason pulled on both Sookie and Calvin especially since the two of them stood up for the couple at the wedding. You just knew that was going to be a bad idea and that someone was going to get hurt in the long run. Jason and Crystal are both way to self involved to care who they hurt with their actions.

I found it kind of amusing that so much story time over the last book went in to developing the double wedding, which was over in a couple of pages with not much happening. This was a bit disappointing actually.

I also find it interesting that all of a sudden Bill’s making such an effort to win back Sookie’s favour. Where was that passion before?

And I am so disappointed in the way the Quinn story turned out. I thought Quinn was good for Sookie and even though in the back of my mind I knew they were not going to be a permanent item due to his busy schedule, I was disappointed how it all played out. I expected better from him and I guess from her too.

There was also a lot of plot development with the Fellow ship of the Sun coming in to Merlotte's and then not much happens in the book, so I’m wondering if this is going to turn into more of an issue later and that’s just the build up, or am I going to be disappointed like I was with all the wedding build up?

Can’t wait to get my hands on the next book, I’m totally addicted to this series, and can't wait to see what happens with Hunter. :0)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read From Dead to Worse.

02/11/2010 page 188