Deb 's Reviews > Death By A HoneyBee

Death By A HoneyBee by Abigail Keam

Apr 01, 12

bookshelves: 2012-books-read, kindled-ebook
Read from March 27 to April 01, 2012

I debated whether or not to give it 3 stars. This was free Kindle book. Josiah Reynolds is a 50+ beekeeper who lives in a showcase contemporary home designed by her architect husband on 139 acres of the Kentucky Palisades. Her husband died under difficult circumstances and unknown to friends and neighbors, left Josiah with almost nothing. A rival beekeeper is found dead in one of her hives, and Josiah is the prime suspect. One difficulty I had with the book is that the plot was more unbelievable than most. If she was trying to create a new Stephanie Plum-type novel, she tried too hard. I did enjoy the characters. Josiah's assistant, a gorgeous younger man is assumed to be her boyfriend, when in reality, he's gay. He finds a new partner, Franklin, who also moves in, and he decides to make it his mission to improve Josiah's clothing style. Some of the suspected villains are also memorable. I also was disappointed in the rather melodramatic ending. Her daughter, never named in the novel, but referred to often, makes a dramatic appearance in the epilogue -- which unties all the strings that were supposedly tied. I might read the next book in the series, if I find it at my public library or as another free Kindle download.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death By A HoneyBee.