Laura's Reviews > Something About You

Something About You by Julie James

Apr 07, 12

Recommended to Laura by: Smut Monday Fun!
Read from April 02 to 03, 2012

Oh-god-oh-god-oh-god! I love this book!

As soon as the motorcycle (aka bad boy bike) came into play, my heart was a goner! I was a goner! My heart melted into a big ‘ole puddle of swoon and my head filled with all sorts of fun fantasies! :D

“When they slowed down, she relaxed and loosened her grip around his waist. Without thinking, her right hand just sort of happened to graze along his stomach, and she felt his abdominal muscles tighten in response, firm and hard as a rock.

And that was pretty much the moment she started thinking about sex.”

Yeah, same here! haha…

One of my favorite parts of this action packed fun was Cameron’s strength, intelligence, and aggressiveness. She didn’t just sit back and wait for Jack. When their chemistry heated up, Cameron made moves of her own, which I adore and admire in a romance heroine! And Jack….well, I liked lusted loved that man’s wicked ways! I had a lot of fun with this story, chemistry, and characters!

Enjoy the ride! Yes, I meant that exactly as it sounded. ;)

Thanks for another week of fun, Ladies! This book was just what I needed!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something About You.

04/02/2012
12.0% "Is there a better way to start off a Smut Monday than an “oh-god-oh-god-oh-god” opener to a book? Hehe…I think not! :) It’s Monday again!" 1 comment

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Dija I'm so glad you ladies chose this as your next read! Do you like it?

Laura Hey Dija! I just started it, but yes!—I am having fun already! Can’t wait to dive in tonight! :)

Jasprit ha brilliant status Laura happy reading! Have you met Jack yet? ;)

Crystal LOL! I loved the way it started!

Racquel this book will become your best friend, ITS SO GOOD!

Laura Racquel wrote: "this book will become your best friend, ITS SO GOOD!"

Hey Racquel! I could not agree more! I am in love! :D **fanning self** Love & lust! Jack was HOT! Have you read book 2 in the series yet?

Hi Jasprit & Crystal! How far are you guys? I could not stop reading last night! :)

♥Rachel♥ Jack was HOT!! I loved that scene with her on the motorcycle with him. Her fantasy conjured up and abruptly ended was too funny! And yes, hot guy on a bike, who can resist?!! ;)

So glad you loved this one. I think this is my favorite so far of the SMC!

Joy (joyous reads) Riiiight. As if we needed more incentive to drool over Jack. Julie James had to break out the bike and the leather. Gah!

Jasprit I finished it in one day too! Jack was too die for! he's my favourite smut monday guy, I think it will be hard to replace him as my number one! His glowering looks! ;) Look forward to your review :)

Laura Rachel--Me too! I think I really needed and craved a fun smut read! Less intense! Charlie and Gabriel were so messed up. Haha…I do like my guys a bit lost and damaged but man-o-man! :D But Jack! HELLO! Pure sex and fun!
Any thoughts on what to do next? I do want to read the next one in this series, but maybe not right after. Hmmm…We have a big list to vote on! Can’t wait to see what wins! :D
Wonder what Bethany is reading? Hehe..I’m kinda lost without my smut gossip now. ;)

@ Joy--I am still drooling over here! Haha…

@Jasprit! Hey! I could not put it down last night! Haha….He is my favorite guy so far too! My review could be just a big puddle of drool! Haha….sorry that was gross. ;)

♥Rachel♥ Yes, this one was a bit more fun without the major drama that can have you tearing your hair out! Bethany is reading Masque of the Red Death but I think she's going to read this one next.

We do have a big list to vote on! Lots of goodies, I think. ;)

Bethany Yep, I will be reading this next! :)

♥Rachel♥ See my stalking skills are highly advanced. Your how-to book really sharpened them, Laura!!! Lol!! :)

Laura LOL! Top notch, top secret stalking skills! hehe :)

You are going to love Jack, Bethany!

Bethany I’m excited! After Gabriel, I need a fun guy. How long is this book?

Bethany Oh my other weakness, motorcycles. I really need to read this!

Laura Um…I’m not sure. It felt like a quick read! :) On the kindle—I can never tell.

Laura p.s. I am craving a little sports in my romance right now. Any recommendations, Bethany?

Jasprit Laura wrote: "Um…I’m not sure. It felt like a quick read! :) On the kindle—I can never tell.

OH! As soon as that man got on the bike—that was it! I could not stop reading! HOT! HOT! :D Have fun!"

Ha you make me laugh Laura, I loved that motorcycle scene (view spoiler)

Bethany I don’t think I’ve really read any romance books with sports in them. Catching Jordan might be the only one I’ve read. It was a cute, fast read. It is a young adult book. I think you might like it, Laura. Let me know if you find any other sport romance books. That does sound pretty good right now.

Laura @ Jasprit--Hehe…I’m so easy! :D (view spoiler)

♥Rachel♥ Laura, did you read Catching Jordan? That has some sports in it and a few hot guys! ;)

Laura @ Bethany! Jordan has been in my pile forever! Haha.. Hope to get to it soon! :) Thanks! Hmm….Don’t ya just love a craving though. Sometimes the hunt is just as much fun! :) I will let ya know what I find!

♥Rachel♥ (view spoiler). Sorry for typos, typing in the car on my phone! ;)

Laura ♥Rachel♥ wrote: "Laura, did you read Catching Jordan? That has some sports in it and a few hot guys! ;)"

haha...You and Bethany are on the same page today! :D
Not yet, Rachel. It is in my piles (somewhere). Cute read?
A FEW hot guys??? hmmmm....Maybe I need to find this one asap!

Jasprit Laura wrote: "@ Jasprit--Hehe…I’m so easy! :D " You summed it up perfectly ;)

Laura Rachel--Haha…Me too! Jack had no idea what she meant either. Haha…He was focused on something else! (view spoiler)
Hell, I think you did better than me with the typos & I’m sitting still at a desk. :D

Bethany Laura, they are pretty hot football players. Yummy!

♥Rachel♥ Lol! I guess Bethany & I are really connected today! I didn't even see her comment! Great minds..... you know. :)

Bethany It’s like we are one! :)

Eunice Hi Laura! Just read Rachel's review of this! 5-stars from the both of you? Yay! It must be really fun. Just added it on my tbr. ^^

Laura Hi Eunice! Yes! I had so much fun with Jack! He is HOT! haha...:) Hope you like it! I want to read more from the author too. I loved her style!

Aly (Fantasy4eva) LOL I am giggling over the scenes you mentioned in your spoilers. They were my fav too!

Laura Hi Aly! haha... They will definitely be some of my favorite re-read moments! ;)

Arlene Hahaha! Nice tie-in to the first scene of the book Laura. LOL So glad you enjoyed it. :)

♥Rachel♥ I was a goner there too, Laura! I loved that scene, then he notices she's lusting over him, perfect! I hope everyone like the second one just as well. These characters are mentioned a little but it revolves around another couple. :)

Pirzha-Loves-Reading Hi I liked your review and the checked out your profile and saw that you have read a lot of books, what do you recommend I should read if I LOVED Julie James's books?

Laura Lovetoread wrote: "Hi I liked your review and the checked out your profile and saw that you have read a lot of books, what do you recommend I should read if I LOVED Julie James's books?"

Hi! :) Thanks! I love Julie James! Her style is fun, smart, and sexy! For me, she is in a class all her own. A hard mix to find.

I just started looking into Erin McCarthy’s work. I hear wonderful things about her characters and style.

I also have to confess a love of rockers! Haha….But my favorite romantic read in the past few months was….
Rule (Marked Men, #1) by Jay Crownover

I fell hard for Rule! Let me know what you pick up or find though! We can compare notes. Happy reading! :)

Laura p.s. Jill Shalvis is wonderful too! I’ll keep thinking haha… :)

message 40: by Kristin Stauffer (new)

Kristin Stauffer C.f. ute

message 41: by Kristin Stauffer (new)

Kristin Stauffer Cute pic

message 42: by Kristin Stauffer (new)

Kristin Stauffer Die)$still have rye)_as stated f ssh f2f sounds as des as s

Ronyell Great review Laura! Jack is seriously one awesome hero!!!

Laura Ronyell wrote: "Great review Laura! Jack is seriously one awesome hero!!!"

Hi Ronyell! Right! I still daydream about Jack! :D

Ronyell Laura wrote: "Ronyell wrote: "Great review Laura! Jack is seriously one awesome hero!!!"

Hi Ronyell! Right! I still daydream about Jack! :D"

Me too! :D