Jess's Reviews > The Princess Diaries

The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot

Mar 28, 12

bookshelves: 2012-all, 2012-new, library-ebook, ya-contemporary, young-adult
Read on March 28, 2012

This was adorable! I am utterly baffled at the changes they made when they made the movie (and honestly, the blonde thing was one of the biggest things that threw me, because Anne Hathaway is great and all, but she's supposed to be like a giant Michelle Williams! SO WEIRD), but the book is charming and I am looking forward to reading more. Which will hopefully not be soon because it was distracting me from Pickwick all day.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Princess Diaries.

03/28/2012
33.0% "It is really quite impressive the ways in which they managed to make the movie nothing like the book. Wow." 4 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Katie Aw, but you can read the rest in, like, 10 minutes! DO IT DO IT.

But yeah. It's not even a "complaining about the changes" thing! It's "Why did they even bother to change that?" thing. I do love the second movie, though. (But don't expect it to have ANY relevance to the books, haha.)

Jess Haha, I'm reading these on my phone, so I have to wait for them to be available. It should be in the next couple of days, never fear.

I think I've only seen the second movie once and have no recollections about it. I will have to rewatch when I finish the rest of them.

message 3: by kris (new)

kris CALLUM BLUE IS IN THE SECOND MOVIE AND THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS.

Okay, that's a lie, but CALLUM BLUE! MASON! MY HEART.

Grace The only thing I remember about the second movie is there's a shot of a bunch of schoolgirls wearing uniforms that look EXACTLY LIKE MY OLD SCHOOL UNIFORM. I believe at some point when Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway is playing.

Jess I remember Julie Andrews singing at a slumber party. And she has to get married. That is the sum total of my memory.

Grace OH, yes. Okay, I remember that too. Clearly I need to rewatch these movies sometime soon.

Katie I just LOVE the romance in it! Which is saying something because I love the book romance so much.