Kjcrawley's Reviews > Pistol: The Life of Pete Maravich

Pistol by Mark Kriegel

U 50x66
Mar 27, 12

Read in March, 2012

Although basketball was Pete's passion, it's clear his father steered him to the sport that he once played. I exposed my son to every sport imaginable first because I wanted him to choose for himself. In the end, he wanted to do what he saw his dad doing in the gym, the driveway and at local parks.

This book was very engrossing and served as a reminder to let the player go at their own pace and desire. I know that if my son ever decided to just walk away from the game, I'd support him 100%. This book is a must read for every basketball coach, especially those who coach their own child.

Coach KJ
YMCA - Orange County Warriors
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pistol.

Kjcrawley As a basketball coach to my own son, I found this book to be outstanding. Any father who coaches his own child knows there's always a fine line between being the coach that can't show favoritism while being their father. It's not always an easy line to walk.

Coach KJ