Lauren Kathryn's Reviews > One for the Money

One for the Money by Janet Evanovich

5312009
Apr 07, 12

Read from March 27 to 28, 2012

Okay, I'll be honest and admit to watching the movie before reading the book (which breaks a lifelong promise to myself as the books are always better right?) but the book was still enjoyable.
Obviously, I had the prior knowledge of the storyline and I already knew about the characters personalities/traits, but I still liked the book format.

I felt the book was somewhat funnier than the film and Morelli was just as witty. The chemistry was just as strong between the characters and, if possible, I feared Ramirez even more whilst reading the story. I also felt that the book pushed the boundaries a lot more than the film, it was cruder and there was more of a sexual tension running throughout.

The only thing I really hated was the spandex. I mean honestly, I know the book was written years and years ago (a decade even), but I don't remember people wearing that much spandex back then!!

I'd recommend to light readers, I finished this book in two sittings and a few hours tops, and readers who like comedy/crime/mystery stories.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One for the Money.