Carla's Reviews > Collision Course

Collision Course by S.C. Stephens

Aug 20, 14

bookshelves: contemporary, young-adult, 2012-read, reviewed, heavy-drama
Read from April 17 to May 14, 2012

First of all I have to say that i love this author. S.C. Stephens has a way with words that makes you fell deep in the bones. I don't know how she can put in words some emotions... i just know she does and you feal it. It's crazy!
Second i love when books are independent, they usually have a great development.
Well about this book... the thing is, it wasn't an easy reading. There were times that i wanted to read something, but i couldn't make myself read this one, because i wasn't in the mood. This book is diferent from thoughtless when we get a roller coaster of emotions. Not this one, collision course will just make you fell sad. A heavy sadness. It's also one that will make you stop and think abou life, the good and especially the bad things.

This is about a guy who went through some heavy things and got so broken that doesn't know how to deal with his pain and move forward.

I had some issues with the main character. I could'nt relate to him. I was felling the need to shake him hard so we would wake up and stop being stunborn and for not letting people help. Don't get me wrong, he's a great guy. Really sweet, thoughtful, attentive, loyal, kind... i just had a hard time with the way he chose to deal with his pain. In the other hand we get Sawyer, that is just to good to be true. hahahahaha Great girl. The way Stephens wrote their individual stories, it really seemed that they being together was really fate.

Well it wasn't a perfect book. For me it had ups and downs. There were times that it was too much repetitive. Kind of always the same scenarios, situations and even some dialogues. But i think that is Stephens stylle. So i'm okay with that.

But all in all it was great. Made me think about a lot of things and i just love when a book makes me able to do this.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Collision Course.