Michelle's Reviews > Amber Eyes

Amber Eyes by Jolyn Palliata

Mar 28, 12

bookshelves: blog-tour, kindle, review-on-blog
Read on March 27, 2012

This is the second reincarnation book that I have read. I really enjoyed it. I thought that it was a really nice take on soul mates. This book is cute and will make you smile. I caught myself really rooting for Dez and Lexi. I quickly read the book in just one sitting. I didn't put it down once.

Lexi is so strong willed. I loved that about her and I feel like Dez should give her more credit sometimes. That was the only thing I would have changed about the book. It would have been nice to see him really trust her. I liked that he finally confided in her, but he didn’t really choose to do it- certain circumstances forced him into a confession. I wish it would have been because he wanted to share this with her. Lexi is strong and she was making such great progress. I felt like at times Dez held her back a little. Of course I could have also done with a little jealousy. Not anything annoying or overbearing, but maybe just a little interest from another guy to get Dez just a smidge shaken up. I’ll admit that in moderation, jealousy can be exciting. In books, that is. In real life I can do without it, but for whatever reason I like a reasonably jealous main guy. But too much turns me off. Dez was not jealous at all, and he was great. I just felt like something was missing from his character.

The story in Amber Eyes just kind of floats along. It was never too slow, and certainly not too fast. The conflict didn’t start until about half way into the book. That is a bit slow for me but I was loving the cute story so much that I barely even noticed until I was done and I started thinking about the book through my “review lens”. But boy, oh boy the conflict is going to be a good one. I loved how it set up the next book. It is going to be good. Enough questions were answered so you don’t feel like you are drowning in the unknown, but there is also some mystery to build on for the next book. The last 50 pages of the book are by far, my favorite. Which makes me think that I’m going to like the second book even more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amber Eyes.

03/27/2012 page 76

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks so much for the review, Michelle, and for being a stop on my tour. I'm glad you enjoyed Amber Eyes as much as you did! :)