Michelle's Reviews > Forbidden Territory

Forbidden Territory by Melissa Pearl

Jul 02, 12

bookshelves: blog-tour, kindle, review-on-blog
Read from July 01 to 02, 2012

2012 is the year of great contemporaries! I really, really enjoyed Forbidden Territory. I finished it in one sitting, and I am kind of bummed that it's only a standalone. I really would love to read more about Mica. And Lexy too, but I think Mica has some real spin off potential. Forbidden Territory is a fast paced, action packed, fun story. I loved the story between the two friends as well as the romances. This is a perfect summer read!

The story is split between Lexy and Mica's point of view. I liked that the book was set in New Zealand too. I would love to visit there! I really liked reading some of the slang and terms they used too. I loved the split point of view and I think the fact that Melissa and Brenda collaborated in the story really added to it. It read like it really was two different people, Lexy and Mica had very distinct voices and I loved that! I liked both of them but I was a little bit more partial to Mica. And Eli too. I just have this thing for slightly protective guys. There is just something about them.

The action in this story is pretty intense! It kind of reminded me of the movie Without A Paddle. (which is a hilarious movie. You should watch it if you haven't already) but this was like the teen version of that movie. But with romance thrown in. I liked it! Lexy and Mica were so impressive! They really held it together and kept a cool head. I was so proud of them.

If you are looking for a sweet tale of friendship, romance and more than a little action and adventure, I would recommend checking out Forbidden Territory. It really was a fun read!

update: I just went to upload my review to amazon and they titled the book the Lexy and Mica Series volume 1! I am so excited that this is not a standalone :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forbidden Territory.