ms bookjunkie's Reviews > Quicksilver (Arcane Society, #11)

Quicksilver (Arcane Society, #11) by Amanda Quick

Jul 24, 2015

bookshelves: 2012, comfort-read, historical, romance, paranormal, reread, again-in-2012, 2015
Recommended to ms bookjunkie by: autobuy author
Read from March 27 to 28, 2012 , read count: 3

This was absolutely the perfect read for I'm-sick-in-bed-have-a-fever-and-ache-everywhere. A comfort read the first time through!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quicksilver (Arcane Society, #11).

07/23/2015 marked as: currently-reading
07/24/2015 marked as: read

message 1: by Zoe (new)

Zoe how's the heroine? Is she as pig-headed as other Quick heroines?? Please say no!

ms bookjunkie I don't know that I would describe her as pig-headed, but I don't know that I'd describe other Quick heroines that way either. I don't think I've ever had an issue with a Quick heroine, but I've been reading them for twenty years, so… YMMV?

My description of Virginia: Confident. Not stupid.

message 3: by Zoe (new)

Zoe Oh some of her heroines really annoy me, you know, Miss Slightly Scandalous and let me bring some disorder to someone's tranquil life and I know I am plain-looking so I must be practical and smart and I want to go on every adventure? lol

ms bookjunkie I guess I'll have to warn you to read with caution, then? ;)

message 5: by Tinsoni (new)

Tinsoni I loved Ravished...but the paid companion has made me hesitant to pick up another of her books :(

ms bookjunkie Tinsoni wrote: "I loved Ravished...but the paid companion has made me hesitant to pick up another of her books :("

You might give her older, one-word titles a chance. Scandal maybe? Or Dangerous? IMO her tone changed a bit when she moved onto the paranormal Victorians. Again, YMMV.