Daph (Loving Books)'s Reviews > Madhattan Mystery

Madhattan Mystery by John J. Bonk

Oct 13, 13

bookshelves: 2012, arc-for-review, release-may
Read from March 28 to April 01, 2012

In an adventerous story, Lexi and her brother Kevin find themselves in the middle of investigating a jewel theft instead of spending their time in day camp. With a very annoying, yet very smart journalist-to-be, they set off to follow up on the clues they found. Fueled with intrigue and humor, Bonk has written a story that sucked me in and will appeal to even the most reluctant reader.

I really liked this book! It was a really cute story, and a great middlegrade adventure without adding all sorts of paranormal elements. Lexi was a nice character to follow around and I especially liked Kevin's smartass-ery. Kim was obnoxious, yet very refreshing while following Lexi's thoughts.

The story was a bit predictable, but that didn't make it any less enjoyable. I was thoroughly entertained while I flipped the pages to see what would happen next. I've never been to New York, but I would love to be able to check out the Whispering Corner one day!

I really liked reading this one and will be checking out more of Bonk's work in the future, which will hopefully be just as good as this book!

Find this review and others on Loving Books.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Madhattan Mystery.

03/28/2012
8.0% "I have a feeling I'll thoroughly enjoy this one!"
03/29/2012
20.0% "Really enjoying this one so far :)"
show 4 hidden updates…