Anna's Reviews > The Darkest Whisper

The Darkest Whisper by Gena Showalter

Apr 04, 2012

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, reviews
Read in March, 2012

Sabin houses the demon of Doubt. Any lover he has ever had has been crushed with doubt by the demon. While he isn't against bedroom activities, it's better he concentrates on the coming war with the Hunters. Especially since his last lover killed herself. The fight is his only care - until a mission to Egypt changes everything and he meets an imprisoned harpy, Gwendolyn the Timid.

I loved this book. I've enjoyed the previous stories, but Sabin so far as turned out to be my favorite Lord. Both he and Gwen are great characters, but Sabin stands out. He is always a warrior, tough, giving no mercy, that is until he meets Gwen and we get to see a bit of his softer side. I love that even though he is ever trying to protect her, he comes to treat Gwen as an equal. In the end they make a great pair. The Darkest Whisper is a page-turner. Delicious and full of action. I look forward to reading the next book. If you haven't checked this series out, definitely do so.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Whisper.