Megan's Reviews > Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes by Shannon Dittemore

5208301
Mar 28, 12

Read from March 26 to 28, 2012

Angel Eyes is the first book in a new trilogy; it is also the first book by the author! Shannon Dittemore may be relatively unknown right now, but with this book she definitely jumps right into the YA paranormal genre!
The book is essentially about coping and moving on after tragedy strikes close to home. I think that Brielle was such a fantastic character! As is the norm in these types of books she starts of kind of weak, but finds her inner strength by the end of the book.
The difference between this book and all the others is that the author is able to really take us on the journey of self discovery with Brielle. The way Shannon Dittemore was able to draw me into the actual character was amazing; she had me feeling the loss that Brielle had suffered.
The only thing I didn’t particularly like about the book is the spiritual angle it had. Yes it is a book of angels but sometimes it veered too far into a spiritual side that it bothered me.
But it didn’t bother me so much that I couldn’t keep reading, and it definitely won’t stop me from continuing with the trilogy, I am just sad that I have to wait until the next book comes out! Because seriously, that cliffhanger at the end? It’s going to kill me to wait for the next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel Eyes.