Felicia's Reviews > Assassins in Love

Assassins in Love by Kris DeLake

Mar 29, 12

bookshelves: vaginal-sf
Read in March, 2012

Ok, so this book was really enjoyable, the problem is that the author is so good at world-building, that I CRAVED a bigger-scope story because what she built was really interesting! This is a very VERY romance book, but I felt like it was really well-written (it's no surprise, this is a pseudonym for Katherine Rusch who writes excellent straight Fantasy and Sci-Fi)

It was very much Mr. and Mrs Smith set in space. Yes, the whole assassin thing is totally played, but with a name like "Assassins in Love" I can't really fault anything that happened in the plot based on my 100% knowing what I was in for with the title, haha.

I loved that the lead character was not all Alpha bossy all the time, I loved the main character's chaotic neutral POV. Some of her backstory didn't make sense that she wasn't aware of it before, but whatever. Was I invested and stayed up too late? Yes! Did the Sci-Fi part embarrass me like most Vaginal SF? Nope! So WIN WIN WIN! Nice read! Will read more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Assassins in Love.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Premeaux is that codex and fawkes with frosted tips?

message 2: by Tamahome (new) - added it

Tamahome Wow, that was fast. Is 50 Shades of Grey next? ;)

message 3: by Darth (new)

Darth Man - the term "chaotic neutral POV" just gave me a total gaming flashback...
"Go for the eyes Boo!"

seth chapin (it's no surprise, this is a pseudonym for Katherine Rusch who writes excellent straight Fantasy and Sci-Fi) Excellent choice. I must say, I understand why Tallis named her dagger as so. You know I know about Thane, but Kathryn is also your first name. It's a pretty. (not trying to be creepy) It's off topic, but it was my denouement tonight :)

message 5: by Nonny (new)

Nonny ... "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" set in space? I think I must buy this based on that alone.

message 6: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Lancashire I know we usually discuss terrible covers in this genre but man is this a bad title. Was "Romance Novel Featuring Two Assassins" already taken? Marking it as to read anyway and I'll probably enjoy the crap out of it.

Jane Higginson I love the mr and mrs smith movie! this is another book Im gonna have to get then the lists getting so long lol