Katie Kenig's Reviews > Whiteout

Mar 26, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: suspense
Read from March 26 to April 19, 2012

Disappointing and fairly predictable suspense romp about a stolen virus that could possibly kill most everyone if it were released.

Despite the dire possibilities, I just didn't care.

There were too many secondary characters, too few moments of real action, and too much "Oh my god It's snowing, we need a plow!" Maybe living in Canada has jaded me, but I really think most people in the US and Great Britain panic awfully quickly over snow. It just doesn't scare me any more. Not that I like it much, but I've seen the worst of it, and seeing people make so much of so little of it... eh, it makes me think they're kinda wussies.

Which you're not supposed to think about the "bad guys" in a suspense book. Probably.

I couldn't even muster up a feel-good moment when the good guys fought back. The reason this book took me a while to read was because I was reading it before bed. And falling asleep in five minutes. So, if you're looking for something to help you nod off into slumber, this is probably good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whiteout.

James I entirely agree. Five meaningless characters in ONE PARAGRAPH and I tossed the book in the trash. Angry at myself for wasting time and money.