Maria Ella's Reviews > On the Jellicoe Road

On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta

Aug 15, 2014

it was ok
bookshelves: 2012-reading-challenge, young-at-heart, romance, book-discussion, favorites
Read from May 06 to 11, 2012

It was a bittersweet ending.

Jellicoe Road is a story of the setting. The place is so significant, where all these puzzle pieces placed together and formed a picturesque landscape.

I can imagine the autumn leaves, the river and the smell of oak. I can imagine the old car and the journey and the changes and developments and the surprise one feel in a strange place.

But I did not cry. Not because of the corny feeling inside, but because of the confused part. I guess I have to read the book again (the hard copy this time) to fill the middle puzzle piece.

Thanks Aaron for the e-book version. (It was a challenge to decipher all those confusing italics).
7 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Jellicoe Road.

05/06/2012 page 87 "Aaron's e-book. Intrigued by Matthew 10:26 in the prayer tree."
05/06/2012 page 122 "I've been in that void, don't you ever give in to it."
05/09/2012 page 206 "Taylor is not only annoying, but also full of issues and corny." 6 comments
05/09/2012 page 218 "in this page alam ko na ang nangyari. wala na. iiyak pa ba ako? hay."

message 1: by Ace (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ace yey!!!

message 2: by K.D. (new) - rated it 1 star

K.D. Absolutely What void?

Maria Ella The void brought about by the great darkness siguro.

Magulo ang e-book. I'm trying to fast-read then re-read it the day before the discussion. Hay.

Jill same thing happened to me :) found guides to help me get through the first chapters of the book, ayun na spoil tuloy

message 5: by B0nnie (new) - added it

B0nnie this book just needed some zombies

Maria Ella Hi Bonnie, i'm not really a fan of zombies. It would make me scare the more. Hahahaha. :) But yeah, this book was okay.

message 7: by K.D. (new) - rated it 1 star

K.D. Absolutely Ella! :)

Maria I was still puzzled on how these five people forged genuine friendships after the tragedy.

Funny, for this was the highlight for me. compared to how the territory war was during Taylor's time, the unfolding of their friendships was actually brilliant.

Maria Ella Maria, I really felt the need to read this again - in a hard copy of the book. Not ebook. Not audiobook. The genuine book. Hay.

message 10: by K.D. (new) - rated it 1 star

K.D. Absolutely Ella! :)

Maria Hahaha! frustrated tlg sa ebook copy!

Maria Ella K.D. wrote: "Ella! :)"

You called me yet again, KD! what is it? yes,yes. magbabarilan tayo. And Charles is coming, too. yey! :D

message 13: by K.D. (new) - rated it 1 star

K.D. Absolutely Ella! :) Wala lang. Monday kasi ngayon :)

Maria Ella ^bakit? anumeron pag monday? ano? ano?
AY! yung iba ko pa palang babasahin huhuhuhuhuhuh T_T

Kwesi 章英狮 Ngayon ko lang to nakita, ikaw na yata ang mababa ang rating. So far, chapter one pa lang ako gulong gulo na. Ano kaya tong pinagsasabi ni Taylor. Haha.

Maria Ella OO. Si Taylor Markham ang babaeng puno ng issues, annoying, at corny. i don't like much the introduction of that character.

Kwesi 章英狮 Ay weh? Gusto ko nga ang prologue, hindi na yung chapter 1. Di ko na gets ang book. Parang blanko lang.

Maria Kwesi 章英狮 wrote: "Ngayon ko lang to nakita, ikaw na yata ang mababa ang rating. So far, chapter one pa lang ako gulong gulo na. Ano kaya tong pinagsasabi ni Taylor. Haha."

Hay nako, magulo tlg yang umpisa. muntik na kong maubusan ng pasensya jan, pero sabi ni Tina sa aken, read on lang daw.

Maria Ella have patience till you start reading the italicized parts. that makes the book interesting. it paces up on the third part, though. good luck on fast reading. :p

Kwesi 章英狮 Sige, patience. Mantra. Patience. Haha.

message 21: by K.D. (new) - rated it 1 star

K.D. Absolutely Kwesi... kasi...ewan ko. Ayaw ko na lang kayang mag-comment. :)

Kwesi 章英狮 Haha. Malalaman ko rin yan.

Maria when i was halfway through the book, i was almost certain na 1 star ko na sya. pero biglang bumawi c Marchetta. unti-unting lumiwanag ang buhay (parang Meralco lang lol) pagbabasa ko hanggang sa nagustuhan ko ang ending.

Charry De i tried reading it on ebook but i failed. ang ginawa ko binili ko ang book,dahil marami akong kilala na nagustuhan to. at first i was really confused, but when you get to 150+ pages and you decipher the mysteries,damn it was so good.for me, this will not work on the ebook you need the presence of the real book if you want the message to get across. marami kasing transition from past to present. patience is virtue really haha. hello po :) TFG member po ako haha :D hope you don't mind me sa paki2sali sa usapan :)