Alisha's Reviews > The Stranded

The Stranded by Hugh Howey

Mar 28, 12

Read from March 26 to 28, 2012

Great installment in this series! I say this because the ending questions make it quite obvious that this isn't the end of the Wool universe. For that I'm very glad, because I have so many more burning questions that need answer. Plus why let a good thing go? There are so many other places to take this story, it's incredible.

So Juliette has survived the cleaning and ended up in silo 17, a silo killed off long ago from civil war. Or is it dead? Of course more is going on then we believe in silo 17, as it was foreshadowed in the previous book. It's also great that Juliette makes some positive changes for this silo, although I can't help but feel that this was cut a little short. I would have preferred she put the silo back into more running order before heading onto other things. Mysterious enough? Anyways, I hope to see more of this, and maybe some directions for Solo on getting things back up and running. I'm thinking the digging machines may still come in use later on, and would be interesting way to take the story. With an empty silo to fill, people would be able to have more children for a little while, which would make a lot of couples happy and eager to join Juliette. I'm thinking the child lottery could be eliminated all together for a few generations, possibly for ever since there were obvious plans to do more with the silo's that were discouraged. So many places this story could go! It's exciting, and if you haven't picked up earlier versions of this story, your certainly missing out. Go buy and read them now!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Stranded.