Muggle Madness's Reviews > Destiny's Fire

Destiny's Fire by Trisha Wolfe

Mar 26, 2012

What caught my attention was the gorgeous cover and the strong title. It brings a sudden motto to mind...if you all know, Nike's motto is "just do it" yea...well that's what pops into my mind, haha.
The book has an awesome start, its action packed and drives my intention right into flipping the pages NON-stop. I love erupt beginnings, it's the exact moment where a writer has to provide a strong entry in order to capture a readers attention. Trisha Wolfe did exactly just that. She introduces us to the characters fluently. Which I LOVE.
The protagonist (Dez, short for Destiny) is strong willed (another A+) and confident, she has the perfect mixture of femininity and the pure trait of kicking-butt. She's awesome. Another plus, was that with these Dystopian books now a days, authors give their characters a BRAIN unlike *cough* Bella Swan *cough*. Dez is smart, humane, and a down to earth girl who will do anything to protect the ones she love. It makes the story so much more real when the main character holds more depth...and shows just how much power a girl can hold. GIRL POWER!
The story is continuously action packed which keeps things interesting. There's also the hint of a LOOOOOVE triangle! Well, not "hint" more like BAM! Two men love her, problem is while reading this, I got so stressed since both guys were just so PERFECT, even I couldn't pick which one -I- liked better......Whatta life eh? Anyways, back to the book, the love story within this book is heart breaking, emotional, surprising, and just whoa. The antagonist can literally be anyone; you can chose between the opposing race of the Kythan or..... (leaves out spolier). This book definitely traps your intention right from the start. I could NOT put this amazing read down. Loved it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destiny's Fire.