Cayenne's Reviews > The Heart's Frontier

The Heart's Frontier by Lori Copeland

Mar 28, 12

Read from March 26 to 28, 2012 — I own a copy

I was impressed with how well this book was written and researched. I liked how the religious sentiments, prayers, and discussion of faith were so integral to the story and the lives of the characters. None of it felt forced or affected. The characters were believable and endearing. I especially liked the Amish grandmother. I understood and accepted her explanation to Rebecca and Emma of why she had married an Englischer, why she was happy with him, and yet why she didn't want her granddaughters to marry outside the Amish community and faith. The descriptions of the scenery and action were vivid and I often became lost in the story. The romance was sweet, innocent, and lovely. The characters' back stories and personalities were revealed expertly over the length of the story. I felt I was coming to know them all as naturally as if I were another character in the book. I definitely recommend this exciting, yet gentle story of the power of faith, hard work, and family in overcoming prejudice and evil.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Heart's Frontier.