Ken Montville's Reviews > Dead Wrong

Dead Wrong by J.A. Jance

8220537
Apr 06, 12

Recommended to Ken by: random choice
Recommended for: mystery lovers, J.A.Jance readers
Read from March 26 to April 06, 2012, read count: 1

I read J.A.Jance every now and then and I'm often surprised how much I enjoy her books.

This is book is definitely worth the time. I wouldn't say it is a "page turner" or "heart thumping" but it does keep your attention with multiple sub-plots and interesting characters.

Joanna Brady, an elected Sheriff, is big time pregnant but still running the Sheriff's department and fighting crime all at the same time. Meanwhile, her husband, Butch, is off at a mystery writer's conference and obnoxious, overbearing grandparents-to-be drop in for an unannounced visit. So there are all kinds of interesting family dynamics.

The investigation of a current murder has all kinds of twists and turns including an investigation of a cold, cold, cold case that was initially investigated by none other than Joanna Brady's long dead father who was a Deputy Sheriff at the time.

Simultaneously, an Animal Control Officer is beaten to within an inch of her life while investigating a dog fighting ring. This pushes Sheriff Brady's shorthanded and budget constrained department to it's limit a while everyone and their brother is waiting for "the baby" to come along any day.

The cases are all wrapped up with a nice bow at the end which is really the way I like it.

Good story. Enjoyable reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Wrong.

03/26/2012 page 87