Judy's Reviews > Trail of the Spellmans

Trail of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz

Mar 26, 12

Read in March, 2012

It's too late to be born into the Spellman family, but could I at least work for your family's detective agency? Or maybe I could live next door and come over and visit on a regular basis. I adore your family. But a few questions. Why did David ask Rae to move out of his in-law apartment and why aren't they speaking? Or even making eye contact? And why does young Sydney keep saying "banana", but freaks out if you offer her an actual banana? And why does Olivia (Mama Spellman) have such a full schdule of language and craft classes that keep her out of the house for hours at a time? And what's with the "China Wall" that Albert (Papa Spellman) has erected that forbids the discussion of active cases and prohibits the sharing of information? And, really, is Isabel (Izzy) growing up? When did she become the most responsible member of the family? Answers, I need answers. Another wonderful visit with one of my favorite families and their delightfully eccentric circle of friends. Lisa Lutz, please keep these books coming. I would so miss all of the Spellmans if this were the last book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trail of the Spellmans.