Bobby Simic's Reviews > The Problem Child

The Problem Child by Michael Buckley

Aug 14, 08

liked it
bookshelves: kidsstuff, fantasy, harry-potter

I think I would really enjoy this series more if it weren't for the main character, Sabrina. She just irritates me to no end. The author needs to rein her in and give her some likable qualities. She's becoming like the OC's Marissa Cooper (Mischa Barton) -- she seeks out trouble and ignores common sense. If there's a choice between the right thing to do and the completely wrong, stupid one, she goes for the latter.

Still a fun series. This one's better than the second book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Problem Child.

message 1: by Kristy (new)

Kristy Buckley lost me with the 3rd one, but the first books is fantastic! I wonder if I were a bratty little girl again if I would identify with Sabrina. Hmm. . . I don't know.

Bobby Simic I felt the same way. Loved the first one and just grew tired of Sabrina. I would imagine Sabrina wouldn't irk kids as much as she did with me though.

From seeing what can happen with her uncle, I'm thinking she's learned her lesson and will behave better in the fourth one maybe? I'm going to continue with the series, but I need a break.

message 3: by Kristy (new)

Kristy You're better than me! I gave up halfway through listening to the third book. You know me and series though! I feel really comfortable recommending them still.